13.2.2024 Xylitol is toxic to dogs

Attention dog owners! If you use xylitol-containing products yourself, make sure your furry friends cannot access them. Even small amounts of xylitol can be life-threatening for dogs.

Xylitol-containing products, such as xylitol lozenges and chewing gum, should be kept out of reach of dogs. Even a small amount of xylitol entering a dog's system can trigger a rapid insulin spike, leading to a dangerous drop in blood sugar. This can cause various symptoms and life-threatening complications, including liver failure. Symptoms may even lead to the death of the dog.

If you suspect that your dog has ingested xylitol, it is crucial to contact a veterinarian immediately. Symptoms of xylitol poisoning in dogs include vomiting, diarrhea, seizures, decreased consciousness, and tremors.

Other substances harmful to dogs include chocolate, grapes, raisins, nuts, onions, avocado, alcohol, yeast dough, cooked bones, salty treats, stone fruits, and medications.

Your shopping cart is empty